Sunday, January 6, 2013

Testing the Tascam Tm-ST1 Mic With the Kodak Zi8.mov

Testing the Tascam Tm-ST1 Mic With the Kodak Zi8.mov Video Clips. Duration : 2.55 Mins.


I have tried a number of external mics with the Kodak Zi8, simply because the Zi8 has a provision for connecting one. And, I've compared the audio performance of the Zi8 with my Canon SX20 IS. The Canon was definitely superior. But, I have not found an auxiliary mic that clearly improved the performance of the Zi8. The TASCAM TM-ST1 is in that category. I want it to improve because I paid for it. It could be the setting. I record outdoor performances where the performers are in a gazebo with speakers surrounding the gazebo. When I approach too closely, the sound is coming from many nearby sources. it is omni-directional. When I move back from the gazebo the sound source is more uni-directional. So, I just have to record, listen, and make a judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment