Friday, December 14, 2012

Snack Bar Graffiti at the PLAINFIELD DRIVE IN, Grand Rapids Michigan USA

Snack Bar Graffiti at the PLAINFIELD DRIVE IN, Grand Rapids Michigan USA Video Clips. Duration : 4.63 Mins.


Back some time ago, I produced Public Access TV series, starting with REQUIRED VIEWING (1979-2007). This OUTDOOR MOOVIES clip was sent to us from a friend who had visited many Grand Rapids, Michigan drive in theaters. We swapped footage, with hers granting permission for me to air them on OUTDOOR MOOVIES. Likewise, she owns the rights to any footage I sent her. Professional courtesy. That's when OUTDOOR MOOVIES aired the popular JONI GOES TO GRAND RAPIDS episode, a popular one. In it, Joni takes viewers to the WOODLAND and VISTA. The comlete segment of OUTDOOR MOOVIES at the Plainfield begins as a car goes up a winding road. Going through the perimeter fence our friends proceed to the snackbar.. This clip shows the interior of the Plainfield drive in theater concession stand. END The original OUTDOOR MOOVIES segment contionued with a walk over to the ticket booth. In my 28 years of producing Public Access TV programs, I had the honor and pleasure of visiting dozens of drive in theaters, open for business AND closed down and abandoned. When I was 15 or 16, my mom, brother and I, on a trip up north, stopped at the US127 and M55 Elias Brothers BIG BOY Restaranut. Next door was what looked like an abandoned drive in theater...then I saw the marquee.Some kind of Auto Salvage was there now. COOL! When I was a kid travelling to the UP, .we'd always stop to gas up, stretch, and eat in one of two places. Gaylord OR Grailing. Houghton Lake was deemed too close to the Mackinac ...

No comments:

Post a Comment