Sunday, November 25, 2012

Brads Guitar Amplifier Isolation box Build Mark 1

Brads Guitar Amplifier Isolation box Build Mark 1 Tube. Duration : 1.72 Mins.


NB Ive just build another one-May 2010..I think much better...Its a three parter with sound samples..part 2 and the main build is here.. www.youtube.com I decided to build this after trying all amp simulation and being left with a niggling feeling that I was underdoing my guitar playing by not going all-analogue, which is the holy-grail of guitar tone The design is my own ,drawing on other projects I had seen Take 7 pieces of dense wood (I used 1 inch thick mdf) of dimensions: 15(inch)x15 (x3) 15x36 (x2) 17x36 (x2) Cut out hole for speaker and mounting screws(u have to do measurements once u get your speaker through..Im using a Celestion G12T-75 as favoured by Yngwie Malmsteen-my favourite guitarist ever)..I used a compass and ruler etc: Also I put brackets on centre speaker wood section to aid stability ..cutting the drill holes now is very good idea before creating the box Now wood glue box together: drying times lengthy..eg I left mine 48hours.. and voila!( seal with a silicone sealant..make lower box airtight(drying time was about I decided 48hours) put on draught excluder to make lid airtight: put on brackets: mount speaker and foam..The foam I then used to acoustically treat the box was basically 2 inches thick ultimately..(I got egg box foam but I fitted two together to make a slab..much easier to line the box with..):I got 15x15 tiles of foam which fitted box just swell!this was all preplanned! At this point I stuck a last piece of foam to lid to complete the foam ...

No comments:

Post a Comment