Friday, February 8, 2013

4-16-11 Health & Fitness Childrens Course Part 2.MP4

4-16-11 Health & Fitness Childrens Course Part 2.MP4 Tube. Duration : 5.32 Mins.


Here is another sample of the Children Health & Fitness Program I created, developed, and implement in my community. It is a program series I deliver every Saturday at the local children's recreation center in my neighborhood. It is a 3 hour course that brings in guest speakers from the community once a month to speak to the kids about different issues relating to health and fitness. The remaining weekends throughout the month we focus on what the kids learned from the last months' guests. All the children get prizes at the end of each class for participating. This is a 12 month program. I provide 2 internships per semester worth 2 college credits for NMU Health & Fitness students and in the summer for 2 outdoor recreation students. The kids love the fun and games as well as the guests. The entirety of the program is funded solely by me... I am however in search of supporters from the community to help out with expenses but until then I pay for all materials and prizes used. The program is free for children and their families...

No comments:

Post a Comment